Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Peter 3:14-16

This passage is one of my favorites for sure. There have been a good many times that I have turned to these verses for comfort strength and a reminder of the hope that is in me.

"But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation and do not be troubled, but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame. "

Christ is Lord in my heart and I need to live like it every moment of every day, sometimes I fail, sometimes I stumble off the path, but that hope is still within me and Christ will never leave. No matter how much we suffer, how much trouble we face or how much we lose sight of the goal we are all creations of Christ, called according to his purpose and we have a hope that cannot be hidden or silenced.

So lets ask ourselves, are we ready to give an account for the hope that is in us? Do we let others see that hope every day so that they know to ask? I hope and pray that that hope will become more evident in me every day and that I bring honor and glory to God in all that I do, from this day forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment